The focus of the Communications Committee is to provide input to the staff and commissioners as they work to meet the following outreach goals:
- Educate parents, caregivers and the community about the importance of the First 5 years and provide educational information on children’s health, early learning, safety, and development.
- Connect families to programs and services that will help support their children’s healthy development.
- Raise awareness about how Prop 10 funds are being used in the community and the impact of First 5’s initiatives and programs on children and families.
- Increase the involvement of families and community members in programs for families.
- Develop and enhance community partnerships that will improve services and support for children and families.
- Encourage policy makers to make decisions with the best interest of young children in mind and that support systems changes that benefit children.
The committee typically meets quarterly. Additional meetings may be held if needed for specific outreach and education projects.
Katie Torres, Communications Specialist
Communications Committee Meetings
March 28, 2017 from 9:30-11:30 (Santa Maria)
June 27, 2017 from 9:30-12:30 (Santa Barbara)
September 26, 2017 from 9:30-12:30 (Santa Maria)
December 19, 2017 from 9:30-12:30 (Santa Barbara)
Santa Barbara Location:
5385 Hollister Ave., Bldg. 10
Santa Barbara CA, 93111
Santa Maria Location:
218 West Carmen Lane, Suite 111
Santa Maria, CA 93458