Co-Sponsorship Guidelines & Application
First 5 Santa Barbara County (First 5) offers cosponsorships to:
- Support community outreach/educational events and efforts that connect parents,
providers and the broader community with information, resources, and/or services that
support strong families and healthy child development for 0-5 year olds.
- Support trainings, conferences, and professional development opportunities for providers
who serve 0-5 year olds and their families.
Who is Eligible?
Community-based organizations (i.e. parent support groups, health-related coalitions, local networks, etc.), nonprofits, schools and institutions of higher learning, and government agencies that serve children age 0-5 and their families.
How Much Funding is Available?
Co-sponsorships are typically awarded for no more than $1,000 per training or outreach event. Funding requests for co-sponsorships may be submitted to the Commission at any time during the year, but funding is limited.
- The community outreach/educational event or training must benefit pregnant women/expectant parents, children 0-5 and/or their families or childcare providers/other providers.
- The application must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the event or training for review and approval.
- The application cannot support a current funded contract through First 5.
- Recipients must acknowledge First 5 Santa Barbara County on public education and outreach materials produced for the sponsored event, either in an electronic or printed format. This includes; brochures, flyers, posters, save the date announcements, registration and program materials, TV/Radio PSA’s, newspaper and newsletter advertisements. The specific wording of the attribution will be: “In partnership with First 5 Santa Barbara County”
- If awarded a co-sponsorship, the recipient must submit a written report on the event within 30 days of the event highlighting the activities that took place and results gained from the First 5 cosponsorship dollars. Samples of promotional materials showing the recognition of First 5, as described above, must be submitted as part of the report. First 5 reserves the right to require additional information from cosponsorship recipients as a condition of application approval and/or release of payment.
Once you apply
- Once your application and budget form has been submitted, the Executive Director and the Communications and Policy Specialist will review and make a final decision on your request and an email notification will be sent to the contact person requesting the cosponsorship. Funding decisions are final and cannot be appealed. The submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.