You are your child’s first and best teacher. First 5 Santa Barbara County is committed to helping you with that important job not only through our programs and initiatives, but also by connecting you with valuable resources. Some of your friends and neighbors, who are also parents in Santa Barbara County, will guide you through these pages to help you find answers to your most pressing questions.
These pages are for you. They focus on topics that we know are important to many parents. Check back for new resources and information that we will post on a regular basis.
In addition to the services offered through our funded programs, there are many resources that can help you as a parent, we have included them in these pages. Below are some of the helpful ways to find additional local information:
- 2-1-1 Services Directory: A customized directory of services for children 0-5 & thier families
- SBParent.com is an online resource for families in Southern Santa Barbara County.
- NorthSBCountyParent.com is an online resource for families in Northern Santa Barbara County
- Text4Baby- To sign up for the service in English, text BABY to 511411 (or BEBE for Spanish) mothers who sign up will receive three free SMS text messages each week timed to their due date or baby’s date of birth.
- First 5 California Parents' Site- CHECK OUT THEIR NEW WEBSITE!
This directory was designed by First 5 California to focus on information for parents of children age 0-5.
Are you looking for materials and resources? NAEYC has a new website “The For Families” site includes a wealth of information about children’s learning and development, what to look for in a child care program, why NAEYC Accreditation is the right choice for families, and a “search option” for a list of accredited child care programs in your area. Visit http://families.naeyc.org/